Millie: My first foster cat

Millie was a ~6 month old kitten that I found at the university farm, on 24/03/2023.

Here she is at the clinic, those black spots of her top lip are actually big scabs
She had dirty ears and scabs on her face, but was so sweet and affectionate. I scooped her up and took her to the clinic, and then home. 
I didn't have a carrier to bring her back in, so I used a tote bag - she soon escaped this but was happy to sit on my lap

Millie had a ear yeast infection, secondary to an ear mite infestation - I was given some ear drops for her (Mitex) to give her 2x a day for 7 days. Once that was dealt with, I took her to get her vaccinations. She had a mild upper respiratory tract infection too, so she was given some eye drops (and some ear cleaner as her ears were still a bit dirty).

Her favourite toys are paper bags and tin foil balls.

Millie is so playful and affectionate, she was a real treat to look after

She settled in right away, and before long, she was adopted by a woman in Austria, to live with another cat. She left on Saturday 8th of April, 2023 (meaning I had her for 15 days!)

I realised afterwards, I'd actually met Millie before, at a different uni farm - I'd picked her up and wanted to take her, as it was October and starting to get really cold. The farmer said no, so I left her and her sister behind. I'm even holding her in a photo in this post!
Here she is as a little kitten!

Letting go of Millie was very difficult - I desperately wanted to keep her, but the logistics of getting her back to Cornwall were crazy, and I don't think it would be far on her to make her travel that far. Austria is far away, but a car is much less scary than a plane. 

Meeting her twice in two separate locations is a crazy coincidence, and it does feel like she was my cat - if she comes back a third time, then I'll know for sure. But I hope more than anything that she lives a happy, healthy life with her new family.

Comments

Other posts you may like

State 1 of 6: Contagious Diseases

The Start of Spring Semester (1 of 13)

From Passion to Completion: My Thesis Journey

Week 8 of 13