Weeks 2 through 8 of 13

Wow, I really thought I'd written more!

There have been so many trips so far this term. Lots of lab work too, which isn't my favourite, but it is interesting. 

Basically everything this term is gearing us up for our Contagious Diseases state at the end of term. I'm a bit scared for it, but I got through Epizoo and it's basically the same thing. I'm more worried about the Food Hygiene state, because there's so much detail needed for every little part of food production. 


I've pretty much finished my thesis, I'm waiting for confirmation from my supervisor that I can submit it, and then that's something huge I don't have to think about for a little while. I'm still pretty stressed about it, but as soon as it's submitted I can relax a little. 13 days left until the deadline!

There's a student conference that my supervisor said I should present my thesis at. Still in two minds about it, because it's a bit more work (I have to summarise my 60 page thesis into a 4 page article), but it would be practice for defending my thesis. 

I've been on several trips since I last wrote - we went to the uni farm again and practiced claw trimming in cows, and TB testing in calves. We went to Rozhanovce to do TB testing in chickens (the chickens were immediately slaughtered after we left, they weren't in good shape and it wasn't a happy trip). We've made sausages in food hygiene, then evaluated them like a food hygienist would. 
I've finished all my clinical hours for this year, in the small animal clinic and the exotics clinic, my ruminants, horse and poultry hours too. That's a relief too, as it does take up a lot of time. I'm excited for the surgery hours next year, as I think we get to do a lot more - this year it was a lot of observation and listening to consults (in Slovak). 


I'm currently fostering a kitten from the uni farm - she was so dirty, with a raging ear mite and yeast infection. I really hope she finds a permanent home soon, but it'll be so hard to part with her. It's so nice having a cat around, she's so much fun and so affectionate. 

 
I've not been doing much other than studying and writing my thesis. I'm really struggling this year with focus and motivation. I have 4 exams + 1 retake from last term (fish - it's dragging my GPA down and I want at least a chance at getting the red book), then 2 state exams and my thesis defence. At least one of my exams is online, but all the others are in person, written or oral. It's a lot to think about, but I can get it done.

Comments

Other posts you may like

State 1 of 6: Contagious Diseases

The Start of Spring Semester (1 of 13)

From Passion to Completion: My Thesis Journey

Week 8 of 13